The Best Things to Do In Spain
There is no shortage of things to do in Spain and our mission is to share the best of them with you on this site. Let’s start with our top 7 things to do when you visit Spain.
1. Experience one of the world’s most exuberant cultures – Think you’re good at partying and staying up all night? Well, the Spaniards will out party you every time! And when you wake up, there’s a high-energy festival happening.
2. Eat as much tapas as you can – the Spanish have taken small share plates with drinks into an art form.
3. Besides tapas, indulge in Spain’s other best-known cultural experiences, Flamenco and fiestas!
4. Explore its art and architecture. This is the land of Gaudi, Picasso, Dali, and Goya. Don’t miss the main monuments in Spain:The Sagrada Familia (Barcelona), Alhambra (Granada), Mezquita of Cordoba, the Alcazars of Seville and Segovia.
5. Equally, don’t miss Spain’s world blockbuster museums: Madrid’s Picasso, Thyssen-Born, Reina Sofia, the Dali’s museum at Figueres, and the Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao.
6. After all that art and culture, head outdoors! Experience Spain’s incredible natural environment and outdoor experiences. These include its Beaches, the Santiago de Compostela pilgrimage walk, and enjoy discovering the villages nestled in the Pyrenees and the Picos de Europa, the Alpujarras, and the other wild areas of Andalucia and Galicia.
7. Hang out in the Costas. Spain is perhaps the prime destination in Europe for beach holidays. Whether you stick to the famous Costas or visit the coves and hidden beaches on Spain’s northern coastline, you won’t be disappointed.
Check out all of our See and Do articles below.